Re: Antivirus 2008

Charlie Leo wrote:
OK, I got caught - don't know exactly how, but the above virus
infected my machine. I think I got rid of it using AVG. But a question
remains: this virus program has instruction on how to send money for
an anti virus update. Can't the money transfer be traced? The money
goes somewhere. Granted, it may go offshore, but it can still be
traced to something.

Why don't we have strong enough laws to slow stuff like this from
spreading? (I know we will never be able to stop it). Of course, I'm
just paranoid enough to think that at least a few of the viruses could
be traced back to 'legitimate' software suppliers.

Charlie

The newest variants are highly virulent, and the number of people falling
for the scams must be huge. All it takes is for a few governments to take
the lead, and start punishing the credit card companys for accepting the
criminally obtained funds, and facilitating fraud on a gigantic scale.

Gaz

  • Re: What Virus Program Do You Use
    ... I agree with Chek... ... Last month some dumb here on my office restart one Pc with the floppydisk ... inside...it was infected with a masterboot virus and when the AVG warned him ... >> I am in a process of getting a virus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Two computer questions for those more "gifted" than I
    ... Made a big error in post should read Avast on the boot scan -- great feature ... try Avast for your virus program - smaller and less intrusive than AVG and I used and loved AVG for years - the boot scan in AVG is a terrific feature that works well and it alone is enough to use Avast over AVG - and oh yes - it is free ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)
  • Re: What Virus Program Do You Use
    ... >I am in a process of getting a virus program. ... I've used all the free scanners an it is my opinion that AGV, Avast & ... Easy update, get AVG or Avast ... Los resources, get AntiVir ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: some help for you all
    ... I use the free edition of AVG from Grisoft, ... It was my opinion. ... > recommending the AVG from Grisoft for the virus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Two computer questions for those more "gifted" than I
    ... try Avast for your virus program - smaller and less intrusive than AVG and I used and loved AVG for years - the boot scan in AVG is a terrific feature that works well and it alone is enough to use Avast over AVG - and oh yes - it is free ... I have an ISO that I need to make "bootable" It is a backup copy I made of XPpro, NOT a bootleg it is an OEM that came with my computer, and was hoping it would FIX the above mentioned problem. ...
    (rec.gambling.poker)