Re: SmitFraudRemove is a trojan
- From: Dustin Cook <bughunter.dustin@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:04:15 GMT
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in
From: "Wolf Kirchmeir" <wolfkir@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
| Following the recent thread on SmitFraud, I d/l smitfraudremove.exe. Did
| not unzip/install it.
| Counterspy reported it as a Trojan dropper, so I removed it. If C/S gave
| a false positive, I'd like to know.
| wolf k.
Please provide the location of where you downloded this.
This is probably a false alarm regarding the tool David.
Dustin Cook - http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
BugHunter v2.2e AntiMalware Removal Utility
For Windows users, I highly recommend:
http://www.malwarebytes.org - MalwareBytes AntiMalware
- Prev by Date: Ping PCButts - Not wise to sling too much mudd, some of us have nice archives....
- Next by Date: Re: smitfraudfix failed
- Previous by thread: Re: SmitFraudRemove is a trojan
- Next by thread: Smitfraudfix .. (was :Re: SmitFraudRemove is a trojan)