Virus

I have a virus that placed two files into the \windows\system32
directories.the files are cewmdmk.dll and fxab32v.dll. I am unable to
remove these files and avg keeps popping up with security message. What
kind of virus is this? and how do I deal with it. Thank You.

  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... I would also download and run HiJackThis and post your results to one ... 'restore as' in AVG continues to hang. ... >> AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ... >>> Yes but then there's that sudden detection that appears NOT to>>> correspond to any event related to that theory. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... I would also download and run HiJackThis and post your results to one ... 'restore as' in AVG continues to hang. ... >> AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ... >>> Yes but then there's that sudden detection that appears NOT to>>> correspond to any event related to that theory. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... Hi Ron - No, if you've already let A2 clean things, then ... But of course running this and using the HiJackThis ... At www.virustotal.com the AVG was the day's before AVG ... AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Trojan horse Downloader.Generic.ML
    ... Hi Ron - No, if you've already let A2 clean things, then ... But of course running this and using the HiJackThis ... At www.virustotal.com the AVG was the day's before AVG ... AVG 718 06.14.2005 no virus found ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Downloader.small virus keeps coming back!!! Please HELP!
    ... | I am having problems removing a Downloader.Small virus. ... | directory no matter how many times I clean it using AVG. ... | 2) Run AVG in SAFE MODE ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)