Re: Free AntiVir vs Free BitDefender

"n o s p a m p l e a s e" <nospam.please@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1188976562.325612.204180@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Aug 31, 6:16 am, DaVinci <d...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gabriela Salvisberg wrote:
Am Thu, 30 Aug 2007 19:15:35 -0500 schrieb What's in a Name?:
On 8/30/2007 6:01 PM, Kayman after much thought,came up with this
jewel:
[delete or rename avnotify.exe and .dll to prevent the update
commercial popup in Antivir]
Doesn't the updater just rebuild avnotify.exe/.dll every time it
runs? I
haven't tried it myself.
Yes, I think that they're rebuilt. But if someone has some "desktop
firewall" software, wouldn't it be possible to prevent avnotify.exe
and
the DLL from accessing the net, so Antivir can't load the ads? I'm
no
Antivir user (have KAV on my Windows boxes), so someone else has to
try if
this works ;-).
I have AntiVir on an XP Pro box and disallow avnotify.exe with the
security policy editor to prevent the nag screen from opening. I'm
not
How to access WinXP Pro "security policy editor"?

Type 'secpol.msc' into the Run box(without quotes).

-jen

  • Re: Is there a risk with firewalls?
    ... installeld and up to date. ... the Antivir Guard tells me which file goes with the ... This Trojan arrives shortly after the PC is turned. ... However one time it came in when the firewall still was ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Probleme bei Internetverbindung?
    ... Aber auch ein Abschalten der Firewall zum Test brachte ... > In der Ereignissanzeige ist kein Eintrag vorhanden! ... > Internetupdater von Antivir meldet zum Schluss, ... Allerdings erfordert dieses Programm einigen Aufwand des ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windowsxp.sonstiges)
  • Re: My computer slowed down lately?
    ... rid of the problem. ... I use antivir for virus protection. ... should check to see if my firewall is disabled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • AntiVir Security Suite Firewall
    ... ich habe eine Frage zur Firewall von AntiVir Suite ... ... aktualisieren, mir ist nun aufgefallen dass das nicht mehr klappt, als ... Deaktiviere ich die Firewall klappt es ... ...
    (microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sicherheit)
  • Re: Suche neues Antiviren-Programm
    ... > Verwende bisher eSafe-Desktop von eAladdin (Antivir, Sandbox, Firewall). ... > Heute hat die Fa. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.win2000.sonstiges)