Re: KAV on Laptop

Ma No wrote:

rt66@xxxxxxx wrote:

I have been using KAV 6 for a few weeks on my desktop and am very satisfied with the program. My question is this: can in install it on my laptop and use it under the same activation key. Since you have to be online to activate the program, I have my reservations about doing so. That is to say, I don't want to deactivate the ability to update my program on the desktop.

Check here http://forum.kaspersky.com/ It may well be the best support forum on the Internet

The short answer is no. There had been some talk prior to the release of KIS/KAV 6, about allowing exactly what you want to do, but in May 2006 the decision was made (by KL marketing) --- one license per machine is required. As Ma pointed out, check out the KL fora (forums). Depending on your location, there may discounts available for puchasing a multiple license.

And, do yourself a favor. Don't muck with the KL licensing paradigm. There have been _many_ people who have tried and failed, and consequently ended up with _no_ license whatsoever. And this includes a few who have decided to use their WinXP date/time function as a calendar. Setting your OS date/time incorrectly can also invalidate the KL license.

Ron :)

  • Re: Activating a copy of XP Home
    ... This license allows the manufacturer to pre-install XP on a ... does not mean you can install the XP onto a different PC. ... > When I bought my desktop computer it had a copy of (manufacturer ... > activation key to activate it over the internet. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: PIX OS upgrade blues
    ... the Activation Key is the license for the box. ... first PIX's CD was in some way tied to that PIX's hardware. ... interface ethernet0 "outside" is up, ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: KAV on Laptop
    ... I finally received a reply from Kaspersky ... forum on the Internet ... decision was made --- one license per machine is ... to use their WinXP date/time function as a calendar. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Where to find the license number or the activation key
    ... I've got a MathWorks account and I'm trying to download some MathLab updates... ... I need to find the license number or the activation key of my MatLab copy, ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Calling COM functions using IDispatch->Invoke(...
    ... developers created some activation key to be able to use this OLE ... And they said, that without this license, the Start method ... procedure to register/activate this license, ... this COM server was not licensed properly, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)