Re: NOD32 slowing my PC?

mike wrote:
After reading various reviews and users recommendations, I purchased NOD32 for my PC. The installation went fine and it seems to work really well. However for some reason since installing it,. my PC seems to work really slowly, especially when opening up new files, of browsing through my PC's folders etc.

Being a bit of a PC newbie I can't figure out what the problem is, but it definitely seems to have started just after I installed NOD32.

My PC specs are as follows:

Intel P4 2.6
1 gig RAM
SB Audigy 2 Soundcard
GForce 4 Ti4800 gfx card
Windows XP (SP2)

I have a ton of stuff running in the background with no speed degradation because NOD32 is running with them on this P3 700 MHz, 320 MB ram laptop.

I wonder if you have your Page File size not under the automatic control of the XP O/S. With the introduction of NOD32 in the mix, the page file is too small and the machine is page trashing memory to the hard drive slowing the machine down.

Duane :)

  • Re: Office2003 - computer upgrade - activation ?
    ... That many changes and it's going to be considered a new installation. ... upgrade my desktop from PentiumIII - 512 mg ram to a new mother board - ... Pentium IV combo and 1.5 gig ram. ... end up having to spend another $300+ dollars to re-install Office 2003 on ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Local security getting overwritten
    ... I don't want the installation of our application to be a trial for our ... The domain administrators have declared a group policy for a reason. ... When I, as a domain administrator, set a group policy object, I'm going to ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: [opensuse] How do I keep monitor from going to sleep
    ... in this case freedom has little to do with fact ... installation using rpm package manager program. ... They exist only if particular package is missing software that will ... also little to do with real reason for their existence. ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: [PHP] "cannot load mysql extension" - PHP Installation on Vista/Apache
    ... Installation on Vista/Apache ... Vista intriguing and a learning experience. ... You right i "miss-worded" that (if you do search further the reason it works ... same permissions as the original folder'. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: SP2 what a bunch of @#$!!!
    ... I do not see a single reason why you had to buy a new hard drive (if you ... Windows Firewall can be completely stopped by stopping it's service (but ... SP2 does not change permissions for any registry keys, ... And just a hint for the future: clean installation (after hard drive ...
    (microsoft.public.vstudio.development)