Re: Can't find virus

From: "Chip" <ccarpenter@xxxxxxxxx>

| Hi and thanks for your help.
|
| I have a computer with a virus that I just
| can't seem to find. I have run Norton and
| cleaned up everything it showed.
|
| After cleaning all the stuff up Norton comes
| up clean and so does Trend-micro.
|
| Also ran Adaware and spybot and they show
| nothing.
|
| I ran hijackthis and removed everything.
|
| I also ran autoruns and it shows nothing
| running at startup.
|
| When I plug the cat5 cable into the pc, adds
| start to play through the speakers and the
| network icon lights up solid and I end
| up with a bunch on new virus downloaded
| that I have to clean up again.
|
| Don't know what do next, any and all
| help would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Chip

Please download, install and update the following software...

* SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html

For viral malware...

* Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode.
This way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor's web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC.

file. http://www.ik-cs.com/multi-av.htm

Additional Instructions:
http://pcdid.com/Multi_AV.htm

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: hacktool.rootkit
    ... In addition to "what is a rootkit". ... > mode virus scanning, registry entry purging, etc.). ... Norton Antivirus reported the following: ... >> You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Found a virus undetected - any thoughts ?
    ... | my virus or anti-spyware software packages picked it up. ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Kaspersky, Exit this menu and Reboot the PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: TROJAN.GOLDUN
    ... | But just after that norton gives an another virus alert for "TROJAN.GOLDUN" ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Virus Help
    ... | Is it possible to remove a virus from a computer that doesn't have Norton AV ... FireWall to allow it to download the needed AV vendor related files. ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Detecting unauthorized upload
    ... Is there a virus trying to upload my data? ... not infected with a virus or Trojan that AVG might be missing... ... This will bring up the initial menu of choices and should be executed in Normal Mode. ... You can choose to go to each menu item and just download the needed files or you can ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)