Re: NORTON HIJACKS WSC!

"Sasha Gottfried" <sashago@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:Su-dnYI9gcipMB3ZnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi,

I suppose in the scheme of things this is no big deal but I'm fed up
with software that intentionally screws with other software...even if
it's Microsoft's. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I COMPLETELY
REMOVED NAV 2006 form my new HP 1430n only to find that the Windows
Security Center has been 'tricked' into assuming it's still there!

Hi again, Sorry the previous advice offered by Optik and myself didn't work
for you, You can try this instead:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/securitycenterrestore.reg
Copy and paste the contents into a new file with notepad, save this as
"fixsecurity.reg" or whatever, and double click. Regedit will ask if it's
okay to do this, tell it yes and let us know how it works for you.

This registry file for those interested should reset the security center
back to the way it was originally.

--
Dustin Cook
http://bughunter.atspace.org

  • Re: what should "k-bit security" mean?
    ... whatever that might be for the scheme under consideration. ... Also, for encryption, the game has a very strong notion of security: ... the success of /all/ adversaries running within those resource ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • definition of security
    ... example it is semantic secure. ... using a definition of semsantic security for example from. ... Further connected to this aspect is a definition of anonymity of a protocol. ... privacy of a voter in a vorting scheme. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Chosen-ciphertext security and self-reducible trapdoor permutations
    ... security of RSA-OAEP is as hard as ... R is a randomized algorithm. ... we want to turn our trapdoor permutation into an encryption ... designed our encoding scheme well, so that our encryption scheme resists ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Shamir Secret Sharing - Finite Fields
    ... That scheme, and its security properties, are fine in any field, ... In Shamir's scheme, a random polynomial R is selected, where Ris ... If the secret is large then you can split it and perform sharing on each ... use any finite field with the scheme without reducing security? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Magic Flight: A New Public Key Algorithm stronger? than factoring
    ... > not good news for the security of the scheme. ... >> which is the main novel feature of this particular algorithm. ...
    (sci.crypt)