Re: New HDD
- From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>
- Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 18:53:05 GMT
From: "J C Ames" <nogo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
| It seems that we are being overwhelmed with worms,viruses,trojans &
| all the other crud that we have to put up with also there are many
| programs That you can install to fix these problems.
| I'm installing a new 160GB HDD so what do I need to to do to have
| good protection & not over do it also if I do get something what
| programs do I need to get rid of it ?
The most important tool is you ! You are the best deterrent to any form of malware.
If you practice Safe Hex, your chances of being infected is greatly diminished.
If you don't practice Safe Hex, all the software in the world won't make up for it.
However, the best tool besides practicing Safe Hex is using anti virus software in an "On
Access" scanning mode.
Kaspersky or NOD32 is suggested.
- New HDD
- From: J C Ames
- New HDD
- Prev by Date: Re: New HDD
- Next by Date: Re: NAV subscription about to expire
- Previous by thread: Re: New HDD
- Next by thread: Re: New HDD