Re: replacing dll file to remove a virus

<dogger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I've in herited an old Hewlett Packard running win98.
> I did an online scan with norton and it tells me I have
> the adware.setup.b virus. it's located in C:\windows\system\AANTX.dll
> Would it be safe to delete the AANTX.dll file and replace it with one
> from the win98 cd?
> thanks
>

>From what i can tell AANTX.dll is not a required part of windows 98. But
googling also suggests that you may need some removal tools.

visit the following link for a free scan/clean service

http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/housecall/v6.5/

HTH

TpwUK

  • Re: replacing dll file to remove a virus
    ... > I've in herited an old Hewlett Packard running win98. ... >I did an online scan with norton and it tells me I have ... It's not a legit file. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)