Re: Who can scan my ports?
- From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net>
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 13:28:37 GMT
From: "Morgan Ohlson" <morgan.ohlson@xxxxxxxxx>
| Internet cable ... which means I'm basicly online all the time.
| Morgan O.
Get a Cbale/DSL Router such as the Linksys BEFSR41.
Specifically block both TCP and UDP ports 135 ~ 139 and 445 on the Router
Disable all administration of the Router form the WAN side
Disable WAN requests (such as pings)
When you do this, your computers on the LAN side will be safe from Hackers and internet
worms. If you were to do a Port Scan such as from; http://www.broadbandreports.com/scan
no ports will be seen as "open" and from the POV of the internet, nobody will even know you
exist behind the WAN address.
- Prev by Date: Help! Freeprod, IST toolbar, 180search and other virus/malware package
- Next by Date: Re: compatibility between AV and email protections
- Previous by thread: Re: Who can scan my ports?
- Next by thread: Re: Who can scan my ports?