Re: Annoying popup

Casey Klc wrote:

> Try the new Opera v8.50. It is free and this version has
> no advertising. I have used Firefox but I find Opera futher
> along in its development (less quirks and rough edges) This
> version has tabbed browsing.
> You might find these helpful:
>
> http://www.opera.com/
> http://www.opera.com/docs/changelogs/
> http://www.opera.com/support/search/supsearch.dml?index=791
>
> Casey
_______________________________

I downloaded Opera 8.5 yesterday and so far so good. It's very good about
not hogging memory and I've not found any pages that it won't show properly.
Also, it seems quite good about blocking pop-ups. I'm going to give it a
few weeks and if it holds up, I'll definitely keep it.

Craig

  • DoS vulnerabilities in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera
    ... I want to warn you about Denial of Service vulnerabilities in Firefox, ... Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera and DoS attacks on email ... clients via protocol handlers. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Alter Rechner
    ... (Sowieso drauf: Seamonkey 1.1.11, mein Standardbrowser.) ... schnell installieren, wobei der Firefox-Installer bei Bedarf m.E. ein ... Danach erkennt man dann aber recht schnell, daß Opera immer noch ... Firefox, der sich explizit auch an unbedarftere Nutzer richtet, stolpert ...
    (de.comp.hardware.misc)
  • [Full-disclosure] DoS vulnerabilities in Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera
    ... I want to warn you about Denial of Service vulnerabilities in Firefox, ... Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Opera and DoS attacks on email ... clients via protocol handlers. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: TVGuide.com now officially useless
    ... Other browsers have that "go" menu but Opera ... I downloaded Firefox 1.5 and gave it a quick test run. ... I still don't like the toolbar, it reminds me too much of IE and the ... Firefox has a bookmarks toolbar and it can import Opera ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Google
    ... >>> But at least they can be allowed to scroll off. ... > Most web sites override the background and font color. ... Opera also had a button that fit it all into the window. ... recognized an equivalent in Firefox. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)