Re: Opinions Please on Norton
- From: optikl <optikl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 08:08:47 -0500
Do you have Erunt yet Figgs? There's no Scanreg in XP (or indeed in NT4.0 or Win2K. To back the registry up you need Erunt: http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ ).
NTRegopt comes with Erunt so no need to get it seperately.
(btw I've got a batch here that runs Erunt first boot of the day only, if you get cheesed off with the default options, that is with - unless he's changed it at last - having to remember now and then to manually delete old backups. Mine makes one for each day of the week, so keeps a maximum of seven).
How do you configure it to keep *only* a maximum of 7?
It backs up to folders named for the day of the week (using the noconfirmdelete switch), as opposed to for the date in dd/mm/yy format.
I wrote the batch for NT4.0, in which date /t returns the day, whereas it doesn't in XP. Rather than figure out how to get the day in XP, I just renamed the NT4.0 CMD.EXE and call it from the batch.
Ok, I hadn't read your original post carefully. .
- Prev by Date: Re: Help with Virus at C:\RECYCLERS
- Next by Date: Re: Help with Virus at C:\RECYCLERS
- Previous by thread: Re: Opinions Please on Norton
- Next by thread: Re: Opinions Please on Norton