Re: Opinions Please on Norton
- From: "Heather" <nospamplease@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 01:38:32 -0400
I believe you. I think Willy said his highest was 3000 on a single
computer......kind of blows your mind, doesn't it.
As for FireFox.....I love it. It was the folks on here who recommended it.
"Ghostown" <none@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> At my work, I try to keep tabs on how much spyware Ill find on users
> when Im called about problems. Right now, the record is over 5,000 files
> found (Ad-Aware) on one PC. It took me almost 3 hours to clean his
> It was so bad that Ad-Aware was freezing up so I ended up scanning and
> re-scanning, dumping about 500 files at a time until they were all gone.
> retrospect, I should have just re-imaged his machine, but I look at things
> like this as a lesson learned for the user. The whole time Im cleaning
> system, he isnt able to work. If he isnt able to work, his boss gets
> I make sure that everyone there knows why the system was polluted. I
> introducing Firefox onto our systems, but our 'in charge' IT people said
> that it wasnt going to be supported by us so out the window it went. Oh
> well, I guess its job security.
- Prev by Date: Re: Opinions Please on Norton
- Next by Date: Re: Best AV for Older, Slower Computers?
- Previous by thread: Re: Opinions Please on Norton
- Next by thread: Re: Opinions Please on Norton