Re: stopping AVG checking
- From: Bill Gates <gluck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:03:22 -0400
On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 00:53:27 +0100, "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Anyone else had this problem? - I have AVG7 Free Edition and when its doing
>a full PC scan and I decide I want to stop scanning I press on stop and a
>box comes up saying 'do you really want to stop scanning' I reply yes but
>then it still carries on scanning. If I press Stop again it comes up with
>'do you really want to stop scanning' I press yes and it continues scanning
>again. - The only way I can stop it is to End Task the process in my WinXP
>I tried uninstalling and reinstalling AVG 7 but it does not sort the
>problem. Anyone having the same problem or know what the solution is?
I have seen this. Usually you are scanning a large file. Like the
kernel. It will only stop AFTER it scans the current file.
If it's a short file it stops right after it scans it. Short files
will take a sec to scan.
- Prev by Date: Re: Why has Micro$oft stayed out of the anti-virus software business?
- Next by Date: Re: Why has Micro$oft stayed out of the anti-virus software business?
- Previous by thread: Norton System Works
- Next by thread: MediaCom's all in one "eTrust Internet Security Suite"