Re: Avast Virus Chest Not Running

Sanjaya,

Are you running another AV with Avast?
Have you ever had another AV installed and if so what and how did you remove
it?

Try a repair of Avast. Add Remove programs, Avast! Anti-Virus, Change/Remove
button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be
on-line to do this.
If that doesn't work try, uninstall, reboot, install, reboot.

--
Sir_George

"Sanjaya" <sanjaya_49@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Tried to move infected file to the Avast Virus Chest and got this
> message...
> "Virus chest server is not running. RPC Communication Failed
> Cannot process <path\filename> file"
>
> Then Avast deleted the file instead.
>
> What do I do to enable the Virus Chest? Or can I?
>
> Using free version of Avast, not the Pro version.

  • Re: OT-ish Anyone had trouble recently with Avast screwing with usenet access ?
    ... installed some Windoze updates. ... It is Avast that I use, ... "Mail Shield" our shared problem went away. ... I always install any program updates that Avast says it has waiting, so it should be fully up to date. ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • Re: Updating.
    ... Cumalative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP ... any better than the Avast Antivirus program or AdAware that i now ... will have to deactivate my present programs and install the ones ... AntiVirus software and your resident AntiSpyware. ...
  • Re: Updating.
    ... Cumalative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP ... any better than the Avast Antivirus program or AdAware that i now ... will have to deactivate my present programs and install the ones ... AntiVirus software and your resident AntiSpyware. ...
  • Re: OT-ish Anyone had trouble recently with Avast screwing with usenet access ?
    ... installed some Windoze updates. ... It is Avast that I use, ... "Mail Shield" our shared problem went away. ... always install any program updates that Avast says it has waiting, ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)