pathetic brewtus group sample . .

PRYOR - U.S. Sen. Tom Coburn spread his dire warnings through
northeastern Oklahoma on Wednesday, predicting economic disaster, the
quick unraveling of the debt ceiling agreement and the demise of
Medicare.
Coburn spoke to large crowds in Claremore, Langley, Pryor and
Muskogee
on Tuesday, despite being somewhat under the weather.
"We have less than 16 months to fix this," he told a Chamber of
Commerce group in Langley. "I can promise you that come July you're
going to see some tough, tough stuff in this country."
Coburn said much the same thing later at Integris Mayes County
Medical
Center in Pryor, where he encountered a little more hostility to his
proposed cuts to Medicare and veterans benefits.
"Show me where in the Constitution the federal government is
responsible for your health care?" Coburn said.
He went on to say that government programs such as Medicare are
primarily responsible for rapidly rising health-care costs, and that
Medicare has made the medical system worse.
"You can't tell me the system is better now than it was before
Medicare," he said.
Coburn agreed that some people received poor care - or no care -
before Medicare was enacted in the 1960s, but said communities worked
together to make sure most people received needed medical attention.
He also conceded that doctors and hospitals often went unpaid for
their efforts, or accepted baked goods or chickens in partial
payment.
Earlier, in Langley, Coburn partially deflected criticism of
President
Barack Obama - and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke - by blaming
the country's financial woes on Congress. He described his colleagues
as "a class of career elitists" and "cowards," and at one point,
talking about his frustrations, said, "It's just a good thing I can't
pack a gun on the Senate floor."
But Coburn also said most members of Congress are good people with
good intentions.
Responding to a man in Langley who asked if Obama "wants to destroy
America," Coburn said the president is "very bright" and loves his
country but has a political philosophy that is "goofy and wrong."
Obama's "intent is not to destroy, his intent is to create dependency
because it worked so well for him," he said.
"As an African-American male," Coburn said, Obama received
"tremendous
advantage from a lot of these programs."
Coburn went on to say that most of the country's problems were
created
by Congress and that "I don't think presidents matter that much."
Coburn said he hopes the so-called "super committee" formed to rein
in
federal spending will be successful, but he is not optimistic. In
Pryor, he predicted that Congress would back off the spending-control
feature of the debt ceiling agreement rather than agree to spending
cuts.
"The cowards in Washington won't even put that through," he said.
Read more from this Tulsa World article at
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=336&articleid=2...
.

Quantcast