Re: Starbucks coffee made me sick

On Jun 6, 11:00 am, "Steve Freides" <st...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do fine if I go a day or three without a cup of coffee, but thanks for
the suggestion. I drink espresso we make at home (using mostly lightly
roasted beans, which I think means less caffeine, all other things being
equal), and it seems pretty low in caffeine to me. If I took a guess,
I'd say one small cup of Starbucks coffee has about the same caffeine as
four to six of my homemade espresso shots.

-S-

I roast oppositely, favoring a grinder that doesn't always grind to
talcum powder consistency as well with light roasts. At times a nice
option to know I can go as fine as I want without locking up burrs.
That darker roast seems to me a curveball for some. After roasting
lighter (and grinding coarser), someone drinking my espresso
immediately noticed and declared it too strong. Actually, since I
found it easier to move him into Americanos, I water down it yet
more. Didn't occur to me until five minutes passed to mention it was
the same coffee, just roasted darker. When out, I get by with most
coffees. What someone doesn't want to run into, especially someone
that doesn't drink but serves the coffee, is me after pouring a cup of
transmission fluid and telling me to my face it's fresh. I stick
mostly to better known establishments, will pay top dollar for a cup
or two, so I expect the coffee, if necessary brewed before me. Like
you, I don't expect coffee as good as home, far from it, although --
damnit, I took the trouble to stop in -- so I'm not going interested
in being nice to people willing enough take my money without ensuring
it's the best with what they have to work with.

  • Re: A repetitive pattern here on ac
    ... we've been buying is a less dark roast than Italian. ... speaking, I prefer medium roast for regular coffee, but wanted to ... darker roast for espresso a try, only because that's what so many ... but a guy who likes maple syrup is used to paying ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: A repetitive pattern here on ac
    ... we've been buying is a less dark roast than Italian. ... speaking, I prefer medium roast for regular coffee, but wanted to ... darker roast for espresso a try, only because that's what so many ... OK - yes, maple syrup is expensive, but I believe it's one of the ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Aero Press coffee maker
    ... Coffee and Espresso Maker - The Story Behind The Flavor ... The AEROPRESS? ... brew because of the shorter brewing time. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Truth or Consequences Coffee
    ... So A. I wouldn't write this woman off yet and B. if she pays the toll that you ask for, I'd roast the coffee to whatever damn color she wants it. ... Or that you'll do two samples with her beans - one your way and one hers, and she can try them both, pick one, and that will be the degree of roast from then on. ... roaster. ... dark and that espresso was not actually a roast degree, ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • sitting in a field part...
    ... I have photographs of her sitting with a coffee in one hand, ... Yesterday I served a table of Italian ladies, who said the espresso was just like at home. ... The canopy is a great help - good cover from the sun, greater visibility from a distance etc. Can't stand making toasties in a trailer that is already over 34 degrees. ... Why don't you ask me a serious question about electrical safety wrt a generator, like do you have an earth spike. ...
    (alt.coffee)