Hi there Dave,

". . . I have been trying out my new PID Silvia since the moment I
received it. While I am still learning and have yet to "tame" her, I
can say that the PID has a lot to do with my satisfaction with the
machine. Having the ability to control the temperature and keep it
constant every time helps with the delicate process of achieving the
perfect cup.
I am still far from getting it right every single time. With so many
variable elements (coffee...grind...tamp...) and especially since I
love experimenting with different single origin coffees...the PID is
essential. Thank you for offering this great improvement."

http://stores.ebay.com/HITECHESPRESSO-COM-since-1991?_rdc=1

  • Re: When all is wrong = good
    ... >> My shots on the PID Silvia have been pretty good lately, ... I experimented by first turning the PID temp ... You may have given me a clue for further experimentation, ... I see myself pulling the next seven or eight shots at declining ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: do ALL "HX" machines need PIDs?
    ... I'm not sure why people who can afford PID ... learning to juggle many variables in a highly dynamic environment. ... Howsomever...the choice of buying a good grinder and no PID versus ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Silvias Erratic PID temp Display
    ... My PID Silvia is displaying erratic temperature ... readouts - sometimes, not always. ... She powers up fine and stabilises at the set temp. ...
    (alt.coffee)