Re: aeropress again?

x-no-archive: yes

jimscoffeebeans wrote:

I love my aeropress. I use it a great deal when I am camping but love
it at all times. I really don't care if it uses more coffee because it
taste so great and it is very easy to clean up. I heat my water in a
micro wave so that is easy too.

I hope when you heat water in the microwave you do it with something in the cup to break the surface tension?

I learned the hard way that super heating and exploding microwaved water are not an urban myth. Had I not been pouring away from my face, I'd be completely maimed. Seriously, everything hit the ceiling, the walls, etc.

Took a few years of nuking before it happened, but you only need it to happen that one time...

Susan

  • Re: aeropress again?
    ... taste so great and it is very easy to clean up. ... I hope when you heat water in the microwave you do it with something in ... I learned the hard way that super heating and exploding microwaved water ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Natural House Cleaning
    ... The Natural Way To Clean Everything In Your House. ... Silver - Put some water in a pan with a few teaspoons of washing soda, ... Be sure to rub in a little vegetable oil ... with vinegar and water. ...
    (misc.health.alternative)
  • Re: Cleaning/water intrusion
    ... I want to clean it off and do some small maintenance bits. ... Your electrical wiring harness connectors are probably not sealed at ... But the shop towel got soaked with water when I rode in the wet. ... I put duct tape over the gas cap, the exhaust exit, the ignition switch ...
    (rec.motorcycles.tech)
  • Re: Cleaning an Antique
    ... Steel wool also leaves behind the oil it is treated with to keep from ... Clean with a soft rag and warm water first. ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: Volvo MD11c - Cooling problem
    ... difficult to clean even after disassembly and involved chisels and chipping ... Even if water runs through easily it doesn't mean ... trying to discover the specified flow rate from Volvo. ... I'll put the thermostat back in tomorrow.. ...
    (uk.rec.sailing)