Re: Coffee ice Cream Recipe
- From: FERRANTE <manthonyferrante@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 14:54:13 -0500
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 18:46:18 -0700 (PDT), Xolt <blaned3@xxxxxxxxx>
On Aug 26, 4:55 pm, FERRANTE <manthonyferra...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups whole coffee beans (decaf unless you want the caffeine in
your ice cream)
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
5 large egg yolks
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon finely ground coffee (press grinds through a fine mesh
Heat the milk, sugar, whole coffee beans, salt, and 1/2 cup of the
cream in a medium saucepan until it is quite warm and steamy, but not
the mixture is warm, cover, remove from the heat, and let steep at
room temperature for 1 hour.
Pour the remaining 1 cup of cream into a medium size metal bowl, set
on ice over a larger bowl. Set a mesh strainer on top of the bowls.
Reheat the milk and coffee mixture, on medium heat, until again hot
and steamy (not boiling!). In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks
pour the heated milk and coffee mixture into the egg yolks, whisking
constantly so that the egg yolks are tempered by the warm milk, but
not cooked by
it. Scrape the warmed egg yolks back into the saucepan.
Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof,
flat-bottomed spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the
mixture thickens and
coats the spatula so that you can run your finger across the coating
and have the coating not run. This can take about 10 minutes.
Pour the custard through the strainer and stir it into the cream.
Press on the coffee beans in the strainer to extract as much of the
coffee flavor as
possible. Then discard the beans. Mix in the vanilla and finely ground
coffee, and stir until cool.
Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator, then freeze it in
your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Makes one quart.
is this made with single serve coffee?
- Prev by Date: Re: post from another ANON freak, from under WHAT ROCK DO THEY CRAWL??
- Next by Date: It would take anyone who has been on this ng for more than 30 seconds to
- Previous by thread: Re: Coffee ice Cream Recipe
- Next by thread: "JOBS IN GEORGIA" "JOBS IN GEORGIA" "JOBS IN GEORGIA" "JOBS IN GEORGIA" "JOBS IN GEORGIA" "JOBS IN GEORGIA" "JOBS IN GEORGIA" "JOBS IN GEORGIA" "JOBS IN GEORGIA" "JOBS IN GEORGIA" "JOBS IN GEORGIA" ON http://jobs-in-georgia.blogspot.com/