Re: My PID'ed Silvia doesn't produce good espresso anymore after a few months rest
- From: "Dan Singh Bear" <invaliddd@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 18:10:22 +0100
"Ton" <birdie@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message > Ton wrote:
Problem has been solved !
It was the OPV (and maybe the 3way valve as well).
After descaling the complete OPV unit in citric acid and running a few tanks of clean water through the Silvia, I have my old shots again with a nice crema. The only thing to do is fine-tune my Mazzer again because I had it set a bit too coarse meanwhile.
Thanks for all the help.
Well done, scale or dirt is often the culprit when a machine's been out of commission a while, rather than parts failure. The bonus is you save a packet on shipping - 2 ways.
- Prev by Date: Re: "PID for a heat exchanger is of limited > value (from "experts") <-- from NON owners of 'pid' equipped machines
- Next by Date: Re: Silvia descaling - older model.
- Previous by thread: Re: My PID'ed Silvia doesn't produce good espresso anymore after a few months rest
- Next by thread: Espresso Veggie-Van Questions