Re: My PID'ed Silvia doesn't produce good espresso anymore after a few months rest

I am a commercial machine technician, and have never worked on a
Silvia, so someone more knowledgeable than I could answer your
question about backflow into the reservoir. I believe there is an
adjustable pressure regulator that lowers pressure to the group,
shunting it to the reservoir.
I would not arbitrarily replace the solenoid valve. I'd have to know
it was failing first. Again, observe backflow into the drip tray, or
wherever it exhausts, during extraction. If you have a blind filter,
you can check it that way too. Although some (alright one) caution
against putting that kind of back pressure on the system....al