My PID'ed Silvia doesn't produce good espresso anymore after a few months rest

Because my stomach had some problems with coffee, I didn't use my PID'edSilvia the last few months. Until then I usually had good to very good espressos with a nice crema.
This week I wanted to start brewing with her again and at first I did a good cleaning with backflushing. However, although I didn't change anything in my setup, I cannot get good results anymore.
I use the same beans as before that I roasted myself to about the same degree as a few months ago. At first the coffee comes in a steady flow but after about 10 seconds I only get a few drops and there is hardly any crema. Even after changing the grind a few clicks coarser on my Mazzer Mini it doesn't improve.
Could something be wrong with my Silvia as a result of the few months rest ?

  • Re: Muddy crema
    ... I tend high colour ... exactly like camel-snot crema. ... the coffee is simply bad ... Arabica, Mokaflor 40% Robusta, or Mokaflor Chiaroscuro 100% Arabica. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Illy in The Economist
    ... author working on a new viewpoint towards crema. ... Amidst the complex chemistry of coffee roasting a lot of CO2 is ... This is why the thousands of tiny bubbles appear as soon as the liquid ... For a foam to happen ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Shot Quality
    ... flavor, thinner mouthfeel, lighter color,slightly less crema. ... My current setup is a rocky with brand new burrs, an isomac Tea backflushed semi-monthly and descaled every 3-4 months. ... fresh roasted from 2 separate on line roasters and delivered within 2-3 days ... original Rancillio or pattern burrs, fitted correctly), brew temperature, and definite knowledge that the recent coffee orders were freshly roasted. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Muddy crema
    ... on average making at least one double espresso ... and lots of very fine coffee grounds that sink to the bottom. ... but the crema is completely unacceptable. ... the boiler temperature of the Kenwood varies by 15 ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Muddy crema
    ... and lots of very fine coffee grounds that sink to the bottom. ... but the crema is completely unacceptable. ... Also cleaned the Kenwood, extensively, as well as descaled it. ... before the existence of Mokaflor]. ...
    (alt.coffee)