Re: Off the wall question: why no ALUMINUM water pipes in use?

"RoqueJa" <me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:h7f3jq.12q0.me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 08:06:03 -0700 (PDT), Zolt, blaned3@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Truly odd! Al is light, cheap, readily available. But strangely, I
have never seen them used for plumbing water!

Since you've never heard of a search engine, the first one is on me.
http://www.hipco-ne.com/irrigation.htm

Over the years, we've gone from lead, to iron, to copper and now
plastic. but NO aluminum.

What a moroon.

Used for irrigation purposes, certainly.
I'm unsure of the rationale for this, but as far as residential plumbing goes, aluminum pipes are approved only for DWV (Drainage-Waste-Vent) purposes --- not for water supply lines.