Re: ceme pstats
- From: "Jack Denver" <nunuvyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 02:15:20 -0400
1. how long they actually last depends on design of machine - the "by the book" install has the pstat off to the side with a J shaped tube, so the pstat doesn't get exposed to the direct heat of the boiler. Many machines skip this and put the pstat directly on top of boiler where it is damn hot. I was getting around 1 yr out of my min-pstats as a result.
2. CEME is a sealed unit, not meant to be opened.
3. Not that I know of, but I concur w/ Tex's answer. You can get cheap Chinese PID for around $35 plus you need some accessories (SSR - $6 ). Requires a little tinkering to set it all up but once it is done it should last a lot longer than 1 yr, especially if you mount the PID externally in a cool location. PID rig has zero moving parts so should have indefinite lifespan.
"Neal Reid" <NealReid@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:NealReid-198C39.16220202072009@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dreaming back to the ;good old days' when one could ask a serious
question and get a serious answer from someone who knew his)her?) stuff
- and NOT start a flame war, I thought give this a shot.
Somewhat less than a year ago I put a new ceme pstat in my machine. This
weekend it seized bringing me to some questions:
1) how long are these things supposed to last?
2) once the contacts have seized, are they reparable? There doesn't
appear to be any way to open...
3) it is very cheap source of them? I'm paying $55 each for them -- which is a bit steep to replace them if they are only going to last
I had previously used a type of pstat which had a replaceable micro
switch which cost dollars to replace. However my source of those dried
up so I switched to the ceme. I find it a superior device -- but if I'm
going to have to replace it yearly at the price I'm paying, I can't
Hence, the any answers to the above three questions would be greatly
- ceme pstats
- From: Neal Reid
- ceme pstats
- Prev by Date: Re: ceme pstats
- Next by Date: Re: ceme pstats
- Previous by thread: Re: ceme pstats
- Next by thread: Re: ceme pstats