Re: a new roaster

Dee Randall wrote:
"Sam" <samantha3385@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Zf2dnVLbrt-QwgvUnZ2dnUVZ_hqdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Sam" <samantha3385@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:7cGdnRJbxYoslgvUnZ2dnUVZ_j2dnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We are presently using a Caffe Rosto, it is 4-5 years old. It has given good service and produces good coffee for our vacuum pot and French press.

My husband wants to replace it with a Gene Cafe. The Gene looks impressive, we've seen the video and read a lot of reviews. I am worried about its durability. It looks like a lot of easily broken mechanical parts. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Samantha

You guys sold us on the Behmor. I just ordered one from "Fresh Coffee Beans.com" for $315 with a free small mesh drum and 4 pounds of green coffee plus free shipping.

I'm interested to know what posting here, other than the one that said that he/she had done 175 roasts, sold you on the Behmor.
I want the Behmor myself, but DH is not into buying green coffee yet - sigh!
Dee Dee

The 175 roasts was with my Gene Cafe Roaster.

Bob

  • Re: a new roaster
    ... My husband wants to replace it with a Gene Cafe. ... You guys sold us on the Behmor. ... I just ordered one from "Fresh Coffee ... Dee Dee ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: a new roaster
    ... My husband wants to replace it with a Gene Cafe. ... You guys sold us on the Behmor. ... I just ordered one from "Fresh Coffee ... than roast our own. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Saw an odd thing
    ... Dee Randall wrote: ... I noticed a guy come in and set a bag on a table then he went up and ordered a coffee. ... Now, I don't have any idea whether this was a policy to do this or not, supplying a cup of water -- beats the heck out of me. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Alton Browns Espresso show 16 Aug 07
    ... Dee, are you lost? ... Don't tell me you're going to put an espresso machine ... ** Countertops talk: The counters were to be installed the 15th. ... Coffee talk: As for coffee, I'm always interested in coffee, but all the ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: coffee maker recomendations
    ... On Thu 08 Dec 2005 09:05:14p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dee ... I've been on tea since. ... >>> off the coffee. ... >> I drink it both hot and iced. ...
    (rec.food.equipment)