Pulling successive shots from Silvia

Using my thermocouple probe on the boiler, I pull my shots when the
Silvia's temp has cycled down to around 105 degrees C (221 F).
The probe is of course only reading from top of boiler, not the group
head, and the temp swings fast once I've pulled those first two shots.
So the probe can't tell me anything about group-head consistency. The
question is -- if we have friends around and we knock and retamp
quickly, how many coffees can we pull in succession -- four, or six
maybe -- while we're still likely to get good results?

  • Re: bizarre temp controller behavior
    ... temperature, but the critical one for developer is acting strange. ... measures the temp corrected. ... so I ground the probe to the original thermistor shield. ... tank to see if it's electrical noise or leakage. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: bizarre temp controller behavior
    ... Each tank had 100 ohm platinum junction probes and the controllers are ... We got a new probe for it, a two lead Pt probe and wired it up into the ... If the probe goes into any part of the developer, the temp reads as out ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: bizarre temp controller behavior
    ... temperature, but the critical one for developer is acting strange. ... cable harness going back to the controller of the machine using the ... measures the temp corrected. ... so I ground the probe to the original thermistor shield. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: what type of probe is this? e.g. K-Type e.t.c.
    ... I am also interested in the same question, regarding this probe. ... Software, IR Temp sensor Gun, to ... get an accurate reading.. ... because of the "Fault Junction Compensation" problem.. ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: PING thermapen owners
    ... and quality exceed that of a $20 probe-type thermometer. ... I've taken the temp of everything and learned ... I very rarely insert a probe horizontally. ... If you whining right handers would stop trying to fix us whining left ...
    (rec.food.cooking)