Re: Rancilio Silvia problem

lockjaw <davebobbl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:12557ba5-248d-4a4e-9a6b-d13a5f1b5738@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

On Oct 25, 1:49 pm, sca...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Oct 24, 7:05 pm, lockjaw <davebo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 24, 9:33 am, sca...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Oct 24, 7:19 am, lockjaw <davebo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 19, 10:44 am, sca...@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 I left the steam switch on all day. I shut it off. When I
turn
ed it
back on the next day everything worked properly, except ,the
retu
rn
hose to the reservoir is sending very hot water to the
reservoir
and
making a popping noise. I have opened up the machine . There
is a brass fitting that receives water from the pump and also
sends wa
ter
back to the reservoir. could that be theproblem?

what was the outcome??  just curious

dave

I still haven't figured it out. how do I determine it is the
pressure relief valve? Is there a Silvia breakdown somewhere? I
can replace th
part if I know its bad. I also need a parts resource.

with the steam valve SHUT, turn on the ledt center switch.  a very
slight DRIBBLE of water should come out of the return line to the
white tank -- the shorter line of the 2.  == within no more than
30
seconds.

dave /// 535 silvias

Dave,

Which physical piece on the machine are you calling the pressure
relief valve. Is it the piece on the top right hand side of the
boiler> The piece that has the tube going to the pump and the shorter
hose going to the reservoir? Thanks for you assistance!

that is correct. the valve itself is inside the part that has the LOW
pressure (clear) hose attached to runs back to the white tank.

dave

--
Find out what HiTech Espresso really sells.

http://tinyurl.com/64y442 - To PID or not PID

Tex

  • Re: water supply problem
    ... drilled well, the pump is ... more instances of losing water pressure. ... Take a look at your pressure tank. ...
    (misc.rural)
  • Re: R/O watering system
    ... The continual use of RO water won't lead to any problems whatsoever... ... small tank that usually comes with an RO system is of little value, ... does not sit there under pressure at idle. ... The first was a simple in-line pump. ...
    (rec.gardens.orchids)
  • Re: Expansion tank vs relief valve
    ... pressure but an addtional relief valve elsewhere in the system. ... is when the water heater had re-heated cold water AND no water was ... but it sounds like adding an expansion tank is the way to go. ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Water Pressure Range Question
    ... A 5 stage booster pump set to output 65 psi at the ... tank level results in about 40 psi at the entrance to the first floor of the ... frictional losses in the pipework due to water flowing through it. ... It is an additional frictional loss, not a pressure reducer per se.- Hide quoted text - ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: venturi water pump design
    ... I'm no expert on these but most of the water well jet pumps have a fairly high percentage of inlet water to outlet water. ... The other thing is that the the pressure is not that high. ... I have an all brass one, one piece, approximately 3/8" inside diameter necking down to a bit over 3/16" Your pump is higher pressure, I'd shink the outlet to around 1/8" to max out the capability of pump. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)