Re: Switching from filtered water to water softener
- From: lockjaw <davebobbl@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 03:22:38 -0700 (PDT)
On Oct 21, 12:06 pm, "Tex" <pearl...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been using filtered water for the whole house and a canister-type water
softener for the espresso machine. I'm switching the filter for a
whole-house water softener soon and was wondering what I should do about my
I'm thinking of removing the canister and replacing it with a fine particle
filter to catch any scale that might loosen in the copper pipes. Would I
need to also add a calcite cartridge to my setup or is that only necessary
with a reverse osmosis setup?
Find out what HiTech Espresso really sells.http://tinyurl.com/64y442- To PID or not PID
you don't need a calcite with a water softener.
Watch the sodium tho'. Might raise your blood pressure even further.
- Prev by Date: Re: Greek coffee?
- Next by Date: Re: Gaggia owners forum milestone
- Previous by thread: Re: Switching from filtered water to water softener
- Next by thread: Re: Switching from filtered water to water softener