Re: Switching from filtered water to water softener

On Oct 21, 12:06 pm, "Tex" <pearl...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Howdy Folks!
I've been using filtered water for the whole house and a canister-type water
softener for the espresso machine. I'm switching the filter for a
whole-house water softener soon and was wondering what I should do about my
coffee setup?

I'm thinking of removing the canister and replacing it with a fine particle
filter to catch any scale that might loosen in the copper pipes. Would I
need to also add a calcite cartridge to my setup or is that only necessary
with a reverse osmosis setup?
--
Find out what HiTech Espresso really sells.http://tinyurl.com/64y442- To PID or not PID

Tex

you don't need a calcite with a water softener.

Watch the sodium tho'. Might raise your blood pressure even further.

  • Re: Switching from filtered water to water softener
    ... I've been using filtered water for the whole house and a canister-type ... water softener for the espresso machine. ... whole-house water softener soon and was wondering what I should do about ... particle filter to catch any scale that might loosen in the copper pipes. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Whole house sediment filters
    ... We live in Gilbert Arizona, we have a water softener, but we have ... or if the micron rating would be to large(most I have found ... Looking to spend in the sub $100 range with filter that are in the 15-20 ... Any suggestions on filter type? ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Whole house sediment filters
    ... I was wondering if some type of in line sediment filter might help to ... or if the micron rating would be to large(most I have ... Looking to spend in the sub $100 range with filter that are in the 15-20 ... the water softener, works great for the 5y we have had it just a cheap 40$ ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: How do I bypass my well water filter?
    ... Does anyone know how I bypass my filter? ... this happened they bypassed my filter until they could repair it. ... Is this a problem with the well or the water softener. ...
    (alt.home.repair)