Re: Miss Silvia Problem

IIRC the manufacturer does not recommend backflushing - I suppose this cuts down on warranty claims due to burnt out pumps. Probably this comes from bad experience with consumers who operate on the "a little is good, so more is better" approach . A 30 second backflush probably won't hurt a pump but a 3 minute backflush might. The vibe pump depends on the flow of water for cooling so if you stall the flow eventually the pump will overheat itself.

"Ed Needham" <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:_f6dnU-WCsdU9EHVnZ2dnUVZ_vSdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Silvia is a model with a three way valve, so why would there be conventional wisdom to not backflush? It would put a bit of pressure on the pump but a well packed shot does that for 30 seconds anyway. I'm confused.
I think most with Silvias backflush. How else would you clean the three way?
--
*********************
Ed Needham

"Brewer Bob" wrote in message news:c4VCk.1288$x%.387@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<SNIP>
3. The three way was clogged with old coffee. He had never back flushed it. So, I went ahead anyway against conventional wisdom ;) and back flushed it.
<SNIP>

  • Re: Miss Silvia Problem
    ... clean your machine properly (backflush among other things) and your shots ... It's a no-brainer that the machines need to be kept clean. ... pump but a 3 minute backflush might. ... water for cooling so if you stall the flow eventually the pump will ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: slow tractor
    ... Closed centre hydraulics basically provide full system pressure at all ... flows up to the capacity of the pump at any given rpm. ... centre) and full flow. ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)
  • Re: Well question
    ... On an open loop system it is possible to take water from one well, ... I have an open loop ground source heat pump which operates as you ... You can put the water back - that makes it an injection well. ... Flow rates should be approximately 1.5 to 2 gpm per ton of unit capacity ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Using carbonator pump for TIG water cooler?
    ... I expect you'd need a bypass regulator, since the pump must need flow ... you'd have a stable 50 psi water out. ...
    (sci.engr.joining.welding)
  • Re: slow tractor
    ... geometry of the pump and its rpm. ... subsystem WILL be blown off at system pressure. ... You seem woefully ignorant of modern hydraulic circuits. ... Flow dividers are ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)