Re: For those hot, dog days of summer

Tex wrote:
My version of a frapaccino;

Double shot of espresso
8 ounces of ice
1/4 cup heavy cream or half-&-half
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 packets of Equal artificial sweetener

Combine espresso and ice in blender and blend until fairly smooth. Add cream, vanilla, and sweetener and blend until smooth. Pour into 8 ounce glass and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Tex,

Do you cool the espresso to room temp before blending? We have a coffee chain here (Tim Horton's) the sells frapaccinos. I'll be trying your recipe. Thanks for posting it.

Bob

  • Re: For those hot, dog days of summer
    ... 1/4 teaspoon vanilla ... packets of Equal artificial sweetener ... Combine espresso and ice in blender and blend until fairly smooth. ... away that people would use a sugar substitute in their great coffee. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Gaggia Arrived Today
    ... | to the shower head when I remove the pf. ... depending on the coffee (some swells more than ... I don't know Java Joe's espresso. ... learning blend, but since they were bought by SBC ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Favorite pre-blended green espresso ?
    ... you forgot the espresso. ... For home roasting espresso and making cappuccinos you really can't go ... Even when a blend comes highly recommended I ... roasting Moka Kadir, as also recommended by Tom at SM... ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Started roasting, now pours fast and pale...any tips? (longish)
    ... >get which would allow me to do a blend including some Kenya AA? ... Kenya is a bit 'bright' & acid for an espresso ... >>you will want to add Central American coffees. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Espresso blend base question
    ... brazil dry processed bean for a good crema. ... Thick, viscous, long-lasting crema. ... indicator of bad espresso. ... If you somehow are not getting good crema from a blend, ...
    (alt.coffee)