Re: Press pot question

On Jul 8, 8:26 am, bdig...@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I'm attempting to launch a press pot program <snip> I'm wondering how many on the board
have seen or have had served press pot coffee in a coffeehouse?

Bernie,
The Coffee Connection, George Howell's Cambridge cafe <http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Howell_(entrepreneur)> served mostly
press pot coffee. As I recall, no instructions were given on use of
the press pot. People really liked it, and the great coffee served.
The coffee connection chain grew under the press pot regime.
Eventually Starbucks purchased the Coffee Connection, and instituted
their own style.

Best,
Larry

  • Re: Press pot question
    ... the press pot around this area. ... When served press pot coffee in better restaurants it has been among the best restaurant coffee that I've ever had. ... A now forgotten cafe in NYC was trying press pots of various origins but it didn't go over well. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Theyre all in Clover
    ... The only Clover people I know only appear when I've had too much Bushmills. ... this machine different from steeping coffee in a temp-controlled press pot, ... is the flavor of the syphoned coffee different to what one would get by ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: What coffee Maker should I get?
    ... Instant coffee sucks from what I hear. ... water sluices through and you end up with weak coffee...or it chokes and ... a lot of dust, and a press pot. ... Yeah the revolution starts now ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: press pot vrs aeropress
    ... |> | I recently starting using a press pot for most of my coffee. ... The first time ... |> | I used it I used the same amount of coffee that I used in the aero press. ... | low brew temp because of concerns of carcinogens leaching from the plastic? ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Theyre all in Clover
    ... |> this machine different from steeping coffee in a temp-controlled press pot, ... | You know from experience that espresso is optimized only when grind, ... | it seems to be making good brewed coffee into extraordinarily good coffee. ...
    (alt.coffee)