Re: SUMATRAN coffee

"Rowster" <kurt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:4ab8a19d-be53-4b43-a992-e38cf38d85cf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

And speaking of percolators, I have a suspicion that you can make
great coffee with them if you roast and grind the right beans. Just
like everything else in coffee. There are no rules or limitations.

Sorry, yes there are - there are rules about optimal time and temperature,
about how it is not a good idea to recirculate already brewed coffee back
over the grounds, about trying to keep the aromas in the cup and not
vaporizing them into the atmosphere, etc. The percolator breaks those rules
and therefore is incapable of making great coffee. It can make nostalgic
coffee, hot coffee, coffee that makes your kitchen smell real good, but not
great coffee.

  • Re: First really good superauto shot
    ... > you have control of grind) - this is the opposite of what we try to do at ... > the temp is the same every shot, ... There are beans in the hopper. ... Ground coffee finds it's way directly into the group. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: I swear Im not making this up...
    ... :>$10 whirly blade grinder, and grind your own before each pot, or in my ... how do you store your beans? ... do you keep them in the freezer taking out only what you need for the pot? ... The reason for grinding just before you make the coffee is the same ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Some basic questions
    ... I have been grinding coffee as I need it and after some practice I'm ... putting it in a zip-loc sandwich bag and adding it to my next grind. ... Should I keep my beans in the freezer, refrig, or what? ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Some basic questions
    ... I have been grinding coffee as I need it and after some practice I'm ... putting it in a zip-loc sandwich bag and adding it to my next grind. ... Should I keep my beans in the freezer, refrig, or what? ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: recommend for watch repair
    ... (rather just drink Maxwell House out of the coffeepot, ... the lowest possible grade of robusta beans from Vietnam. ... improved from the 19th century when any pre-ground "coffee" was sure to ... remains true that once you grind the stuff up you have no idea what the ...
    (alt.horology)