Re: Need help dismantling Gaggia "Coffee" Boiler

Thanks Tex, Stuart and Flasherly.

Success! What worked for me was to put the machine on its head, and
place a few ice cubes on top of the dispersion plate, theory being
that
it would contract with the cold and loosen. Then I got a rubber mallet
and lightly
tapped the plate all over its surface. It then came off quite easily.
Whether it was
the cold or the tapping, I can't be sure.

Underneath I found this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2209/2230284102_b42241a7f4.jpg

I removed the valve in the centre:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2135/2229489901_d26e0cd176.jpg

Then separated the valve to free the spring and plunger and
cleaned all the parts up:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2195/2229490401_f550d0052f_o.jpg

After putting everything back together, it all worked, and I ran
about three jugs of water through it, before treating myself to
a nice espresso (Peets Dark Roast):

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2224/2229489701_ed74f896ae.jpg

Nice crema ... cheers!

Julian