Re: Need help dismantling Gaggia "Coffee" Boiler

On Jan 28, 3:02 pm, "cogshif...@xxxxxxxxx" <cogshif...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Looks like I have missed something obvious by not removing the
dispersion block/plate,
which should be removable simply by undoing the hex/Allen head bolts -
right? And
this can be done even without going inside the machine at all.

Since I already undid those bolts, and nothing dropped out, I assume
that the
dispersion block is a bit stuck. Does it screw off, or drop off? Other
than
applying propane torches to it, is there a recommended way of
loosening it
up. (I don't fancy the idea of applying a torch.) How about placing a
wooden
dowel in one of the bolt holes and tapping with a rubber mallet in a
tangential direction, would that work?

Thanks for everyone's patience with me. I can almost smell my next
espresso from this machine ... :-)

The reason I suggest giving the propane torch a try is that these
things can get frozen in place to the point that using a chisel &
sledge hammer won't free it.

Tex

  • Re: Need help dismantling Gaggia "Coffee" Boiler
    ... which should be removable simply by undoing the hex/Allen head bolts - ... Since I already undid those bolts, and nothing dropped out, I assume ... Allen holes to help pry it gently loose. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Front shocks installation problem
    ... > Olli Lammi wrote: ... >> Next for me is to take a propane torch and heat ... > that I bought new M12 bolts and nylock nuts for the rear shocks. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled)