Re: Watlow 935A question: using single-setpoint controller to control steam & brew temps

"Tex" <pearland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I was looking at Jerry Skene's schematic
(http://www.skenedesign.com/Silvia/) for using an Aurberin's controller to
manage brew & steam temps. According to Jerry it would be possible to use
the remote set point and Watlow 935A's OT2 to activate the steam circuit
via the alarm function. Is it as simple as setting the Alarm to activate at
295° and cut out at 296° & linking the controller to the steam pstat using
a second SSR?

For 935A-1CD0 models (SSR & electromechanical relay output)
* DC input AC switched SSR - OT1
* AC input AC switched SSR - OT2

For 935A-1CC0 models (dual SSR output)
* DC input AC switched SSR - OT1
* DC input AC switched SSR - OT2

Is it going to be this simple?

This doesn't answer your question but I have an Auber PID on my Silvia to
control the brew temperature. For steaming I just flick the steam switch on
and when the temp reads 250F on the PID, I bleed the water from the steam
valve. I then let the temp on the PID raise to 270F and start steaming.

....Be nice to your kids. They'll choose your nursing home.

R.J.(Bob) Ross
Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

  • Re: Newbie Sylvia Questions
    ... Always brew first; Silvia heats up a lot faster than she cools down. ... Most of us PID the brew temperature only. ... You could PID both the brew temp and the steam, ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Gaggia not designed for long warmup? Group reaches 205F!
    ... >seems that the temp of the initial brew water has to be too high. ... I see steam coming from the head along with the water ... If I'm using the darker-roasted beans, I need a lower temp, so I then ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: How do I work my old Gaggia Baby? Ive searched and searched!
    ... out of the steam wand (one produces steam, the other hot water). ... I've taken to doing this before a brew the espresso to try to get the ... I'm not sure that you're having temp issues. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: How do I work my old Gaggia Baby? Ive searched and searched!
    ... out of the steam wand (one produces steam, the other hot water). ... I've taken to doing this before a brew the espresso to try to get the ... Brew and take note of your water temp. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Dual PID Silvia - Price?
    ... how far open the steam valve is for repeatable steaming. ... This quickly ramps the temp up to steam temp, ... as the PID keeps the temp right where you want it. ...
    (alt.coffee)