French Press vs Aeropress

I usually brew two cups of coffee in a French Press for my morning coffee.
During the Christmas rush, I broke my French Press. It was difficult to
find a replacement locally. I wanted to get a stainless steel two cup
French Press but had no luck locating one on the web in Canada. While I was
looking around on the web I came accross the Aeropress coffee maker. I
ordered one and thought I would give it a try. I have been using the
Aeropress all this week and I must say that it brews an excellend cup of
coffee. I use 20 grams of coffee for two cups. I weighed the recommended
two scoops for the Aeropress using the scoop that came with it which weighed
in at 24 grams.

The Aeropress won't replace my Silvia but for regular coffee in my opinion
it's very hard to beat.

....Any sufficiently advanced technology looks like magic. <A.C.Clarke>

R.J.(Bob) Ross
Calgary, Alberta, CANADA

  • Re: French Press vs Aeropress
    ... French Press but had no luck locating one on the web in Canada. ... was looking around on the web I came accross the Aeropress coffee maker. ... I happen to like what the AP does for my city+ roasts of Idido Misty ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: French Press vs Aeropress
    ... French Press but had no luck locating one on the web in Canada. ... looking around on the web I came accross the Aeropress coffee maker. ... two scoops for the Aeropress using the scoop that came with it which weighed ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Coffee usage: French Press vice Aeropress?
    ... Something is screwing with my thinking..This Aeropress isn't taking ... 1/3 less coffee to brew an equivalant amount of French Press is it? ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: French Press vs Aeropress
    ... French Press but had no luck locating one on the web in Canada. ... was looking around on the web I came accross the Aeropress coffee maker. ... I agree with another poster, I usually roast to city or city+, the darker ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: French Press vs Aeropress
    ... I wanted to get a stainless steel two cup French Press but had no luck locating one on the web in Canada. ... I have been using the Aeropress all this week and I must say that it brews an excellend cup of coffee. ... I weighed the recommended two scoops for the Aeropress using the scoop that came with it which weighed in at 24 grams. ...
    (alt.coffee)