Re: To all those who whine and complain about Starbucks

They certainly ARE the only electric vacpot currently being sold, at least
in the US market (there may be some 100V machines for the Japanese market).
Starbucks dropped their version. The B&D Infuze is no longer being made and
while the Amazon page may still be up, you can't order them any more. Even
if you could, it would be a bad idea since you can't get replacement
filters, gaskets, etc. I think it's a better idea to keep the electronics &
hot plates & brewing vessels separate so that when one breaks you don't have
to chuck the whole assembly. After the next atomic war, all that will remain
will be cockroaches and my Nicro stainless vacpot. The old line electric
vacpots were remarkably durable (if lacking in electronic sophistication),
but they were made of chromed brass in the golden age of American
manufacturing, not of Chinese plastic. I suspect B&D pulled theirs because
they were losing money on all the returns and warranty repairs.

"Steve Ackman" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
...and Bodum's certainly not the only company making
them today. For instance, it seems amazon is still
selling the Infuze.

  • Re: Will showrooming kill businesses?
    ... I do most of my shopping, other than food, online at Amazon. ... always) Amazon has a good price, then I press a couple of buttons on ... cover a lot more material on-line, peek into a far wider range of books ... Electronics, I don't know - ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Ive got $25 that says no one in this group knows what theyre talking about.
    ... Explained -- The New Systems Approach to Learning Electronics". ... reviewed it for Amazon, grudgingly giving it two stars (when it deserved ... The first person to submit a clear, complete explanation (of which I ... so we can all give it a bad review on Amazon? ...
    (rec.audio.pro)
  • Re: Amazon and Western Digital review (so so)
    ... I'll be interested to see if Amazon does let that comment up. ... from northen ireland. ... do get some intresting addys christmas time, sort of two doors down from ... HOWEVER, I can still buy electronics from freaking amazon.de, and ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Amazon and Western Digital review (so so)
    ... I'll be interested to see if Amazon does let that comment up. ... from northen ireland. ... WEEE fee. ... HOWEVER, I can still buy electronics from freaking amazon.de, and ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Definitive Guide To Electronics?
    ... Theory" or "Electronics Fundamentals". ... these titles in amazon, b&n, ebay, google, etc and sifted through as ... that I need to do high school all over again. ... but there are so many to choose from on Amazon and I ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)