Re: To all those who whine and complain about Starbucks

On Jan 3, 10:52 am, lockjaw <davebo...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jan 3, 9:29 am, shane <shane.ol...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I like Starbucks.  So what if their coffees are not the world's best.
Their coffee is better than many of the other offerings and it keeps
everyone's standards up.
Starbucks business philosophy is great to.  They offer health care to
all of their employee's and seem to treat them well.   Starbucks has
amazing customer service.  This morning I was out of coffee, didn't
make time to roast, so I decided to use a Starbucks gift card that I
had gotten for Christmas.  A nice lady in a green apron came over and
helped me pick out a coffee.  After I had decided on their new special
blend, I mentioned that I wished they had smaller packages than a
pound.  A whole pound of roasted coffee last me way too long.   She
them proceded to break open a bag of coffee and sold me a half pound.
  I have called and gotten small parts for my Barista espresso
machine. Even though I told them I got it second hand and it was years
out of warrenty they still sent me what I needed at no charge.
  Many of the independant coffee places in my area try really hard, a
few are better and a few are worse, but Starbucks seems to have set
the bar.

Shane

You nailed it Shane.

It is not all bout just the product, its about having motivated
employees, excellent standards, cutomer focus and great supervision.

Hmmm, let me think . . . .   Sounds like most sucessful companies- Hide quoted text -

I dunno. Sounds like a bunch of mangiacakes who come accross Burger
King and think they found culinary heaven.
Please! Wake up and smell some real coffee!

  • Starbucks calls its coffee worker-friendly -- but in Ethiopia, a days pay is a dollar
    ... Starbucks calls its coffee worker-friendly -- but in Ethiopia, ... Not only was the premium coffee from a remote plantation in Ethiopia ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: Informal boycott of Starbucks seems to be spreading.
    ...   They'll thin them out and still ... their employees with tips for pouring a fricken cup of coffee. ... Starbucks is simply feeling the effects of the economy as ... likes to hang out there -- for the price of a cup of coffee they can ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Will McDonalds hurt Starbucks?
    ... The way I see it, the Starbucks market and the McD market are two, ... they will, but they won't like it, and the coffee served will still ... But HQ has a lot of leverage over franchisees - McD's ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • High-Flying Coffee -- again
    ... Starbucks Pours Excitement into its Annual Meeting of Shareholders with ... StarbucksCoffee Piped from atop the Space Needle through 3,100 Feet ... On stage at Starbucks Corporation's Annual Meeting ... of Shareholders at Seattle's Marion Oliver McCaw Hall today, ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: Whole Foods
    ... someone with different tastes, possibly for sour grapes? ... Starbucks coffee is famously charcoal. ... hoodwinked as a consequence of having lived in a range of experiences ...
    (alt.coffee)