Re: COMMERCIAL POST: PID kits

Howdy Mate!
Most folks can find used or N.O.S. PIDs on eBay. Depending on what you want
to do, a PID will cost ~$50, a solid state relay ~$10, a TC ~$10, enclosure
~$15, and various wire & connectors ~$10. Assembling the parts is the
hardest part of doing a PID conversion. Figure ~4 hours to do the actual
work if it's your first time.

Piece of cake; can't figure why anyone would mail their machine to someone
to do the work for them. Same folks, I'm guessing here, that have a $1000
espresso machine sitting on their counter at home and still go to Starbuck's
for their morning latte.

Enjoy!
--
Robert Harmon
--

"wavemechanic" <dinner@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
In the spirit of sharing that usenet is supposedly all about, could you
(or anyone) please tell me where I can get myself one of these N.O.S. PID
units for my Faema Family? Or even a used one? I don't really want to buy
a kit, I'd like to learn by doing- like you must have once upon a time.

Of course, once I get my hands on it, I'll be back to ask how to hook it
up...

TIA
Greetings from sunny Melbourne, Australia

  • Re: Izzo Alex help please
    ... If it was rocket science can you imagine those folks doing it? ... Before you replace the pstat you might consider replacing it altogether ... a PID. ... I can't even imagine boxing that monster up and shipping it. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: How Hi Tech Espresso is ripping off customers
    ... I'm not trying to entertain anyone; I'm just trying to keep folks from ... Since I just received another Silvia to PID I ... guess the word is getting out - Hi Tech Espresso is ripping folks off by ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: COMMERCIAL POST: PID kits
    ... Most folks can find used or N.O.S. PIDs on eBay. ... hardest part of doing a PID conversion. ... a kit, I'd like to learn by doing- like you must have once upon a time. ... too much more than it would cost to assemble the various components on ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Happy Thanksgiving turkey!
    ... we've sold six of these great machines = 6 delighted owners ... C'mon Folks, let's send davey our best wishes for a happy ... http://tinyurl.com/64y442 - To PID or not PID, ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: THANKSGIVING SPECIAL LM GS/3: $5,999.00