Re: Flow Rate

On 24 A ustos, 17:57, "Roger Shoaf" <sh...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"Travesso" <cpaso...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

news:1187801718.644211.178560@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Does pressure matter if the flow rate is correct.
Say you have 300PSI, and you adjust the portafilter exit hole to give
you 2 ounces in 20 seconds, does the pressure really matter (try to
ignore some obvious concerns)?

I suspect it would not matter as the pressure differential would give you a
net same result. This however is just a speculation on my part, taste is
the best gauge.

Good speculation! The resistance of ball valve will add to the
resistance of the coffee: GRAND RULE OF PRESSURE in any coffee
machine: Same Flow = Same Pressure (valid for vibe&rotary+lever).

David

  • "Definitions replaced.
    ... They are: matter, motion, ... Particles are patterned portions, each of which maintains a lasting ... "Pressure" is any affirmative tension such as you feel ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Definitions
    ... They are: matter, motion, ... Particles are patterned portions, each of which maintains a lasting ... "Pressure" is any affirmative tension such as you feel if you get ... *Weight*: Weight is the amount of pressure a body exerts against a ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: There are neither space, nor time
    ... What we can see and explore is not the space, it is matter. ... The faster a clock moves with respect to the ... aether the greater the pressure associated with the aether on the ... displace more aether and for that aether to exert more pressure on the ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: There are neither space, nor time
    ... What we can see and explore is not the space, it is matter. ... The faster a clock moves with respect to the ... aether the greater the pressure associated with the aether on the ... displace more aether and for that aether to exert more pressure on the ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)
  • Re: Bin Laden is worm food
    ... atmospheres? ... get metallic hydrogen in a liquid state around 4 million atmosperes (~ ... Because if the pressure drops, ... Dark matter? ...
    (rec.aviation.military)