Re: Congratulate me, I just kicked my Starbucks Habit ...

admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Following is an article on Starbucks VS. its addicts, which focuses on
its main product that it sells. No, not coffee, but caffeine:

http://www.slate.com/id/2107807/

Len

My, my, that *is* interesting. To quote for those who didn't want to wade:
"The Wall Street Journal earlier this year sent samples of coffee from Starbucks, 7-Eleven, and Dunkin' Donuts to Central Analytical Laboratories. The lab reported that a 16-ounce Starbucks house blend coffee contained 223 milligrams of caffeine, compared with 174 and 141 milligrams in comparable amounts of Dunkin' Donuts and 7-Eleven coffee, respectively. According to the Journal, the average Starbucks coffee drink contains 320 milligrams of caffeine."

The chart referenced in the article was gone, but this has a nice comparison http://www.guarana.com/cafchart.html showing extra strength Vivarine and NoDoz with 200, apparently 120 less than a Starbuck's coffee. w0w!

Here is one other that seem to back up the info... http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database/

--
"....a couple of belts of .50 BMG individually

  • Re: Congratulate me, I just kicked my Starbucks Habit ...
    ... No, not coffee, but caffeine: ... "The Wall Street Journal earlier this year sent samples of coffee from ... Starbucks, 7-Eleven, and Dunkin' Donuts to Central Analytical ... Starbucks coffee drink contains 320 milligrams of caffeine", ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Congratulate me, I just kicked my Starbucks Habit ...
    ... "The Wall Street Journal earlier this year sent samples of coffee from Starbucks, 7-Eleven, and Dunkin' Donuts to Central Analytical Laboratories. ... The lab reported that a 16-ounce Starbucks house blend coffee contained 223 milligrams of caffeine, compared with 174 and 141 milligrams in comparable amounts of Dunkin' Donuts and 7-Eleven coffee, respectively. ... Starbucks coffee drink contains 320 milligrams of caffeine", if you really take a good look at that chart, you'll see that it actually *contradicts* that statement. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • New
    ... Although the industry serving size for coffee is six ounces, ... caffeine intake of arabica; Darker roasts have less, ... Starbucks 7000 U.S. and 12,000 worldwide stores are scheduled to be ... subjectivity fruit flies exhibit for human foods. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: I believe Starbucks is doping their coffee...
    ... I used to think Starbucks employees act oddly. ... unlimited amounts of coffee on the job, so I deduced their behavior was ... used to assume it was the caffeine, ...
    (alt.coffee)