Re: Coffee Documentary-Friday-NGEO!!

On May 31, 7:56 pm, Hacienda de Ville <ferrante276-
haciendadevi...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The National Geographic Channel is showing a documentary entitled,
"Coffee: Beans to Buzz" on Friday night at 7-8p.m.e.s.t.

The NGEO webstite states this about the show:

Coffee: Beans to Buzz
Coffee: Beans to Buzz [TV -PG L]
Friday, June 1, 2007, at 07P

Coffee is second only to oil as the most traded commodity in the
world. And in the U.S., about 60 percent of the population drinks it
regularly, spending over $20 billion a year. This essential morning
beverage delivers some of the highest doses of the world's most widely
taken legal drug. From the forests of Ethiopia to 17th century
coffeehouses in Vienna to the ubiquitous Starbucks cafe on almost
every corner, coffee haswielded influence over kingdoms, plantations
and corporations worldwide.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/ET/popup/200706011900.html

I saw this awhile back. If I can recall, they expounded alot about
the caffeine pushing Siren, as the synopsis of the show alludes to.

Even so, it was one of the better shows about coffee. A little more
history than some I have seen.

Len

===============
http://www.CoffeeRoastersClub.com

  • Re: First really good superauto shot
    ... > you have control of grind) - this is the opposite of what we try to do at ... > the temp is the same every shot, ... There are beans in the hopper. ... Ground coffee finds it's way directly into the group. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • =?windows-1252?Q?Chapter_XXI_PREPARING_GREEN_COFFEE_FOR_MARKET__Early?= =?windows-1252?Q?_Ar
    ... PREPARING GREEN COFFEE FOR MARKET ... and some for treating the beans on ... machines for pulping and drying coffee. ... the plantations in the producing countries. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Kirkland Signature 100% Columbian suprema bean dark roast???
    ... Rancid coffee oils that smelled like tuna fish. ... Freezing of green beans ... flavor characteristics of the fresh greens I buy as well as that bean's ... flavor to the coffee's from my local roaster I'd just finished and from ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Scenic overload
    ... Sticky buns and coffee - heaven on Earth. ... Does it use the very fine ground coffee beans? ... It definitely does the froth. ...
    (rec.boats.cruising)
  • Re: Bob Wilsons Kona test
    ... The beans were dead, from every standpoint. ... drink coffee that is rarely more than 3-4 days out of the roaster, ... It was Smithfarms but what I call a "City" roast. ... Mostly we thank you for making real Kona available and affordable. ...
    (alt.coffee)