New Organic Inspection Rules

http://royalcoffeenews.blogspot.com/

Here's a link to a letter Bob Fulmer of Royal Coffee wrote on his blog and
has sent to various specialty coffee interests.

Asking small organic farmers to submit to yearly inspections is to basically
kill organic coffee. Please contact your Congresspeople and ask them to help
stop this amendment. It looks to me like the USDA is gaming the field in
favor of big soybean producers at the expense of small growers of both
soybeans and coffee.

D. O'Keefe

  • Re: New Organic Inspection Rules
    ... has sent to various specialty coffee interests. ... Asking small organic farmers to submit to yearly inspections is to basically ... favor of big soybean producers at the expense of small growers of both ... The NOP was instituted to insure that EVERY step along the way is ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: C-Membership: "Whats in it for me?"
    ... or rare specialty shops in odd Bohemian neighborhoods ... and college towns (eg Coffee Connection in Harvard ... as specialty coffee came to be increasingly dominated by ... customer - even the enthusiast - and specialty coffee professionals. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Useless
    ... sweetmarias.com forum or go to James Hoffmann's blog and search for the ... Conceivably much broader in scope than mere coffee issues, ... Monsieur Sartre, but we are fresh out of cream -- will no milk ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Congratulate me, I just kicked my Starbucks Habit ...
    ... my blog: http://coffeeroastersclub.caffeblog.com ... If Starbucks coffee is ... I quit coffee cold turkey and switched ... Always a social event, coffee was never a household consideration ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: C-Membership: "Whats in it for me?"
    ... Many of us on these forums have been specialty coffee enthusiasts for a long ... customer - even the enthusiast - and specialty coffee professionals. ... I had rather hoped that a flourishing c-member program, ...
    (alt.coffee)