ULKA EX5: repair/ replace?
- From: "LF" <fieman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 17 Mar 2007 06:46:55 -0700
ULKA VIBRATORY PUMP EX5
This is a popular pump for espresso machines. I burned out this pump
on a Rancillio Nancy. I used the Nancy daily for more than I year,
set up with a timer, so it would be warmed up by the time I woke up.
I inadvertently left the pump switched on, the timer turned on the
machine, it pumped out all of the water, and I burned out the pump.
1) I noticed that 41W and 52W ULKA VIB PUMPS are available. The
original is a 41W. Any reason to stick with that rather than getting
the stronger 52W? 2) I found rebuild instructions for this pump
<http://www.myschiffman.org/cg/rebuild.html> Anyone know where I can
buy replacement parts for rebuild, if needed? 3) Anyone selling a
used ULKA EX5? 4) Is there an alternative pump I might consider?
- Prev by Date: Gaggia Classic: parts and maintenance?
- Next by Date: Re: Saeco Venus machine - any opinions?
- Previous by thread: Gaggia Classic: parts and maintenance?
- Next by thread: Re: ULKA EX5: repair/ replace?