Re: Roasting for sweeter Coffee

Sometimes, in my drum roaster, if I am doing a darker roast, whether for
espresso or whatever, I literally turn off the heat at the first sign of
second crack and let the roast coast to the end point. I want it 'cooked'
darker, but I don't want it burnt.
--
*********************
Ed Needham®

"RobvL" <wontwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Randy are you sure he didn't mean 5 minutes from the start of 1st to the
start of 2nd, not from the end of1st to the start of 2nd. If ever i have a
crackless 5 minute gap between cracks (low gas pressure from a near empty
bottle) the coffee has been decidely flat and liveless in flavor. Yeah i
know my roaster is a fluid air roaster but i haven't told the beans that.

  • Re: Diedrich home roaster
    ... You have a gas roaster from memory, an electric drum roaster is somewhat of ... Firstly with gas, the heat is there when you want it, and you can crank it ... We have just installed a 10 lb gas roaster, ... As for drum load, well I think from our initial observations between the two ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Question about drum roaster design
    ... source of heat for conventional drums. ... I doubt conduction is ever a big ... I also remember the Probat site shows one industrial roaster with ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Diedrich home roaster
    ... >> You have a gas roaster from memory, an electric drum roaster is somewhat ... >> Firstly with gas, the heat is there when you want it, and you can crank ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Dinner Sunday 6/28/2009
    ... mistake switching over. ... hot plate or two to use when the weather is deathly hot, ... The table top roaster ... also does not heat up the kitchen like the oven did. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Roasting: Maximum environmental temperature and roast tastes
    ... What you are saying is very interesting. ... posted this here) I have the ability to vary heat and air flow(infinite ... via triac for ceiling fans) on my air roaster along with 1 1/2" ceramic ... next roaster is going to have both PID control to the elements or full ...
    (alt.coffee)