Re: your 2 cents--> advice for $1500 office superautomatic wanted!
- From: User <noone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:17:44 -0800
thanks for the reply. it's too bad that the quality doesn't go up with
the price for $700-> $1500! we probably don't need more flashing lights
(or LCDs) if it doesn't mean more reliable espresso.
i see saeco has a new model "v'spresso" for around $1k. does anyone know
if there are any improvements in this model? better than the viennas /
On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 14:18:30 -0800, daveb wrote:
On Feb 24, 4:35 pm, User <n...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need to purchase a superautomatic for our ~10 person office, and have a
budget around $1000-$1500. I'd much rather get a semi-auto & grinder
combo for real espresso, but not everyone in the office will want to learn
how to make espresso, or keep the equipment clean.
Definetely -- and there is the mess.
I've searched around a little bit but haven't found too many good
comparisons. From wholelattelove.com it seems that there are several
Saeco machines (royal pro and coffee bar) and Gaggia machines (titanium)
that look ok. I know less about
Jura --IMHO WAY overpriced..
I'm interested in:
1) reliability. it can't break 6 months after purchasing (and
both saeco and gaggia look like a lot of plastic parts)
Both makes are made by Saeco and are identical internally -- and DO
feature lots of plastic.
The ONLY thing that changes as you go up the price schedule is the
outer [plastic morphs to metal] housing
and the bells and whistles -- [lights become LCD displays].
2) easy milkfoaming. i'd love an auto foamer which make it even easier
for officemates to use. do any machines in this price range come with
such a thing?
Foaming is not really hard with these.
3) plumbed in/pour over, style, etc. are secondary issues.
Here's my suggestion: get TWO vienna deluxes -- more capacity and
cost about $1,200.00 and NEVER buy a refurb!
Saeco / Gaggia service SE
- Prev by Date: Re: stir crazy driving me crazy
- Next by Date: Re: Schomer in businessweek
- Previous by thread: Re: your 2 cents--> advice for $1500 office superautomatic wanted!
- Next by thread: Re: your 2 cents--> advice for $1500 office superautomatic wanted!