Re: ~9 bar volumetric 12v pump for a commercial machine?

matthew henschel wrote:

Hey Jack

The machine has a propane burner in addition the the 110v heating element. I'm planning on running just propane nad a 12v procon. Currently have the procon hooked up to 110v, and it's gravity fed from a water tank. No feed pump needed. Pressure recalibrated.

I've read references to the check valve. Why is this needed?

Thanks

-Matt

Be aware that machines running propane alone (or all the machines I've seen) always creep the pressure up during inactivity. Since the burner is always on but at a lower flame as the pressurestat closes the gas valve it is always heating, so needs careful adjustment and also some frequent use or pulling off of excess water. This assumes a propane kit similar to all the ones I've seen here, where there is no pilot light, just a main burner. Utilising a pilot light and a main burner valve that was on/off rather than the reducing pressure type I see in use here would alleviate this problem.

--
Regards, Danny

http://www.gaggia-espresso.com (a purely hobby site)

.