Re: To Greg Scace Re Coffeed : Fingerstrike Dosing = Overdosing ???
- From: Barry Jarrett <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:58:41 GMT
On 4 Feb 2007 13:29:09 -0800, "gscace" <gregory.scace@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
For those who don't follow Coffeed.com, the discussion here is from a
thread on Coffeed by Jim and Andy that postulated that finer grind and
greater extraction fraction (towards the Illy published number of
around 25% as I recall without looking at coffeed) produced a sweeter
tasting shot. Current methods of dosing using curved fingers etc
updose pretty much and don't work well with this scheme. Read coffeed
for mor info.
jim demonstrated this for felix and me at the party last weekend. even
with the ad hoc setup, there were enough interesting things in the cup
to warrant further playing/tasting. i don't know as i like the taste
*better*, but it was certainly interesting.
"get me out of my chair so i can DANCE!" -- maddie abandoning dinner
for the superbowl pre-game festivities.
- Prev by Date: Re: OT: Darryl's Documentaries
- Next by Date: Re: Isomac machines-- Always interesting
- Previous by thread: Re: To Greg Scace Re Coffeed : Fingerstrike Dosing = Overdosing ???
- Next by thread: Re: To Greg Scace Re Coffeed : Fingerstrike Dosing = Overdosing ???